Artificial Intelligence for analysis of retina images
Discover RetCAD by Thirona at Optrafair. RetCAD is a computer-aided detection system that detects abnormalities related to Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and Diabetic Retinopathy (DR).
With today’s digital color fundus cameras, one or multiple images can be acquired from a patient within seconds and are presented on the operator’s computer screen. RetCAD will automatically start analysing any acquired color fundus image and provide the user with a score and heat map that indicate referable Age-related Macular Degeneration and/or Diabetic Retinopathy.
How does it work?
- Automatic transfer of fundus images to Thirona servers via a secured Internet connection. The image data is anonymized before transfer.
- Processing/analysis on the Thirona servers with RetCAD AI. This takes approximately 1 minute.
- Results of the RetCAD software are sent back to the user and imported to the client application. The results can be accessed and viewed directly from within the application or online via the Thirona web application.
What are the benefits of RetCAD?
- Instant identification of patients with signs of Age-related Macular Degeneration or Diabetic Retinopathy. These patients require follow-up by an eye-care specialist.
- Instant identification of patients with no signs of Age-related Macular Degeneration or Diabetic Retinopathy. These patient do not require follow-up and are advised to have an eye examination again in one or two years.
- Consistent and reproducible results irrespective of reader, workload or time of the day.
- Reduced workload for certified graders and eye-care specialists, which in return can spend more time on e.g. reading abnormal images.
- The performance of RetCAD is at the same level as trained certified graders.
- CE Certified - RetCAD is a CE certified solution.
- Camera agnostic - RetCAD works with images from most known fundus camera models.
- Fast analysis - Presence of AMD and DR is determined within less than a minute.
- High performance - RetCAD performs at the same level as human experts.
Thirona's vision is that the gap between academic developments in medical image analysis and clinical usability needs to be bridged by creating products that include the latest technologies but, at the same time, are intuitive for the user and aid medical specialists in their daily tasks. Driven by this vision, Thirona have developed intelligent solutions for the analysis of thoracic CT scans (LungQ), chest X-rays (CAD4TB), and retinal images (RetCAD). Additionally, Thirona also offers a certified image analysis service delivering accurate and repeatable measurements from medical images. Thirona operates under ISO 13485 certification.
To find out more about Thirona, RetCAD and their other solutions, register free for Optrafair 20/20 and visit them on Stand G33.